Preschool in Houston | Preschool Learning Programs
Here at MBS Kids Early Learning Academy, we believe a high-quality preschool program is crucial to ignite a child’s interest and lifelong learning. Therefore, we ensure children are placed in an environment that offers opportunities to explore learning materials and interact with adults and other kids.
We provide the support they need to build academic skills and decision-making and develop their emotional and social skills.
Our preschool in Houston is designed to strengthen the foundation of knowledge for young children through their interactions with people, events, and the environment.
Our teachers at MBS Kids work alongside children to encourage and inspire learning. We communicate verbally and non-verbally, share control with kids, and treat them as partners.
We leverage encouragement and a problem-solving approach to guide them in their explorations.
Because we value an active learning environment, our classrooms are filled with diverse, open-ended materials to reflect every child’s culture. The classrooms are organized to foster independence and self-sufficiency in children.
Ongoing child assessment is crucial in a high-quality curriculum. Our teachers collect and record anecdotal observations of children to evaluate their progress and create meaningful and appropriate learning experiences.
In our preschool near you, children’s daily routines are composed of a balanced variety of learning opportunities and rich experiences. Kids are given opportunities to engage both in individual and group play activities. They get opportunities to socialize and develop other important life skills essential to success in school and beyond.
What We Teach in The Preschool in Houston
The MBS Kids Curriculum is based on years of thorough research in early childhood development and is aligned with national and state early learning standards.
The following are the key content areas our preschool curriculum programs focus on:
- Social and emotional development
- Unique approaches to learning
- Language and literacy
- Physical health and development
- Creative arts
- Social studies
- Science and technology
Preschool Curriculum Content
Our preschool curriculum at MBS Kids considers that each child’s learning pace varies widely. Therefore, we ensure that our teachers leverage scaffolding methods to help all kids achieve the learning goal for each area.
MBS Kids Key Developmental Indicators
- Provide teachers with child development guidelines in choosing appropriate learning activities and interactions
- Guide teachers when it comes to interpreting children’s language and actions along a developmental continuum
- Allow teachers to maintain realistic and age-appropriate expectations for young kids.
- Leverage playtime and outdoor classrooms as an important tool to further promote learning
- Enable teachers to acquire added knowledge in creating appropriate daily plans for each child and the entire class